This is a fantastic opportunity for a BA working within the Insurance or Legal arena.
Working with a team of IT Project Managers and within the IT Department, the IT Business Analyst will be responsible for providing core business and systems analysis skills including the development of business cases, requirements gathering and specification development, workshop facilitation and process improvement reviews and user acceptance and benefits realisation follow-up.
- Provide business analysis across a number of project initiatives within the IT team.
- Develop a best practice approach to analysis and requirement capture that aims to work effectively with project stakeholders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs.
- Be a member of the IT Project Team contributing to the delivery of IT projects.
- Work with the IT Project team to provide core business and systems analysis across a variety of project activities, to ensure that any development of IT systems is aligned to the needs of the firm and designed to maximise the return on IT investment.
- Lead and undertake formal analysis and validation of requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Develop key relationships within IT and across the firm to understand the existing applications and business processes and to capture requirements and gain greater business insight and understanding. In doing so become a trusted advisor to the business and develop the knowledge and business support to introduce system process improvements aligned to business needs.
- Work with the IT Programme Manager and IT Project Team to establish a structured and best practice approach to requirements analysis and gathering and subsequent documentation and follow-up.
- Develop a standard, structured and best practice approach to the selection of new technology. Ideally qualified or in an appropriate business systems analysis discipline e.g. ISEB, UML, BPMN etc.
- Some knowledge of basic SQL would be an advantage but not essential. Knowledge of Excel and Visio and a Business Analysis tool set is essential.
- Excellent business analysis skills and experience.
- Proven experience of working as a standalone IT Business Analyst within an IT department with hands on experience of working on projects through a full life-cycle of initial requirements gathering and specification through to the acceptance and delivery of IT solutions.
Position Type: Permanent
Ref: BA sys
Head OfficeHornchurch Business Centre
7 Station Lane
Tel: 01708 716 880
Harrogate OfficeSuite 34
Evans Business Centre
Tel: 01423 534 611
If you would like to register your CV, please click here